A Botanical Walk brings you into the heart of nature in Perigord and you'll meet all kinds of interesting plants and flowers. All year round there is something new to discover and every season has its own attractions. Walks are guided by Corine Oosterlee, botanist and photographer. She'll find you beautiful spots and paths far from the beaten track and show you their secrets, and tell you about plants and their life. A 'typical' walk takes about 3 heures over a distance of 1-5 km maximum. Corine will show you different habitats with many plants and wildflowers. Your walk will be adapted to your wishes and botanical knowledge. We take our time to look, to talk, to take pictures.
WHEN AND HOW?
Botanical Walks are 'made to measure' fot you or your group. Distance, place, kind of habitats, species you are specially interested in, your botanical knowledge, every time of the year offers something to see. Contact me to tell me what you want and to know what is possible.
HOW MUCH ?
Rates for 2022 :
Botanical Walk of about 3 hrs (half a day), departure from a chosen meeting point. € 60 for 1-2 participants, € 80 for 3-5 participants, € 120 for a group until 10 participants (only when the covid-19 situation allows).
Other possibilities and larger groups on request. For Walks more than 40 km from Trémolat and activities that require a lot of preparation, additional costs may be added.
For all walks if not otherwise stated :
- Inscription is recommended (firstname.lastname@example.org, +33(0)6 31 41 60 32).
- Children (accompanied by an adult) are welcome and it's free for them.
- Dogs are admitted if well behaved and under their master's control.
- Normally an activity will not be canceled if the weather is bad ; if I need to cancel (dangerous weather like thunderstorms or black ice) you will be contacted.
- Wear shoes you feel you can comfortably walk in and clothes adapted to the weather (hot, cold, wet, sun). Generally botanical walks are not difficult. There is some uphill and downhill, there can be a bit of mud, thorny bushes, stones, a fallen tree on the path.
- Access with a wheelchair or stroller is normally difficult but not always impossible. Often it is possible to adapt a walk to the needs of handicaped participants. Contact me so we can talk about possibilities and alternatives.
- Languages : English, French, Dutch. German on demand.
- We comply with distancing and hygiene rules to prevent the spread of the Covid-19 virus
See you soon,