When walking you discover all kinds of things... In the last century Dordogne had not much woods but many farms and was much more populated. The former inhabitants have left their traces nearly everywhere in the landscape, often covered in new vegetation. In 19th century archeology we'll look for hidden treasures from the recent past : ruined farmsteads, abandoned vintage cars, garbage, remnants of cultivated fields and so on. Those traces can be difficult to find and of course they are away from the beaten track. A 'typical' walk takes about 3 hrs over a distance of a few kilometers. We get off the track, sometimes there are brambles and thorns, bits of metal and glass and other obstacles on our path. Also interesting for photographers. Children love it, and often it is possible for them to participate, ask Corine.
WHEN AND HOW?
Those Walks are 'made to measure' for you or your group. Distance, kind of place, subjects you are specially interested in... Contact me to tell me what you want and to know what is possible.
At this moment Covid-19 is everywhere. There are not many possibilities to get out without contamination risks for yourself or others. But a walk in a small group in nature while strictly keeping our distance and complying with protective measures is still possible. For this reason I propose Botanical Walks with a limited number of participants, max 5.
HOW MUCH ?
Rates for 2021 :
A Walk of about 3 hrs (half a day), departure from a chosen meeting point. € 60 for 1-2 participants, € 80 for 3-5 participants, € 120 for a group until 10 participants (only when the covid-19 situation allows).
Other possibilities on request. For Walks more than 40 km from Trémolat and activities that require a lot of prepararation costs may be added.
Contacter Corine: call 06 31 41 60 32 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all walks if not otherwise stated :
- Children (accompanied by an adult) can participate only after consultation with Corine and it is free for them.
- Dogs are admitted if well behaved and under their master's control.
- Normally an activity will not be canceled if the weather is bad ; if I need to cancel (dangerous weather like thunderstorms or black ice) you will be contacted.
- Wear shoes you feel you can comfortably walk in and clothes adapted to the weather (hot, cold, wet, sun). Generally walks are not difficult. There is some uphill and downhill, there can be a bit of mud, thorny bushes, stones, a fallen tree on the path.
- Access with a wheelchair or stroller is impossible. If you are handicaped, contact me so we can find a way to make participation possible, or an alternative.
- Languages : English, French, Dutch. German on demand.
- We comply with distancing and hygiene rules to prevent the spread of the Covid-19 virus